Hmong Catholic Ministries Hmong Website
This committee responds to the needs of our Hmong parishioners and helps them to share their gifts with the community. Special mailings that are sent to all parishioners are translated into Hmong by members of this commission.
Hmong Worship Services
Hmong Mass is held at 12 noon the third Sunday of every month at St. Peter Claver Parish. The Mass, celebrated by Father Paul Fliss, is said in Hmong.
Hmong Commission Mission
The Hmong Commission has a three-fold mission:
- To meet the special needs of the Hmong parishioners through formation and the Liturgy.
- To help the Hmong to be active and accepted members of our faith community
- To make the parish aware of the gifts and talents that the Hmong and Hmong Culture bring to our parish.
Meetings are held after the 10 am Sunday Mass on the second Sunday of the month.
Our Hmong Choir is open to youth and adults. This choir sings during the Hmong Mass conducted the third Sunday of the month at 12 noon, at Christmas and during special occasion Masses at St. Peter Claver Parish. If you are interested in joining, please contact our parish office.
Adult Education Schedule
Adult classes are offered in the fall of each year, or whenever there are candidates for RCIA.
Contact Fr. Paul Fliss for more information.
Hmong Literacy classes are offered every year from January 1st to April 30th.
During that period of time, classes are hold every Sunday after the 10 am Mass for 1-1/2 hours long, except for the third Sunday of the month when Hmong Mass is celebrated at noon.
We offer three class levels:
- Beginners: Students learn how to read and write basic Hmong Romanized Popular Alphabets (RPA).
- Learners: Students learn Hmong vocabulary & Grammar rules
- Practitioners: Students learn how to read Hmong Bible and/or culture stories, folktales.
Classes are free of charge. Students may have to pay for the books.
Contact Xia Vue Yang at (920) 457-9048 or cell. (920) 946-0467 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Deacon Rich.